A captivating and unique look, with a fresh appearance that boosts your confidence and vitality, may have you considering the use or installation of natural hair extensions with clips. These extensions can provide you with a distinct look, adding extra length and volume as needed. Perhaps you're looking to conceal your thin hair, or you've grown tired of your short hair, or you simply desire to experiment with a different color for a completely new appearance. However, before diving into this decision, it's essential to understand the different types of hair extensions and how to install them correctly to achieve your desired look comfortably and confidently. Therefore, we invite you to join us in this article to learn how to safely and easily install temporary clip-in hair extensions.
How to Install Clip-in Hair Extensions:
If you prefer a more natural and unobtrusive appearance, we recommend using full, natural hair extensions. These extensions are made from real human hair with a natural color gradient, providing an elegant and distinctive look. They are also the best choice for styling, as they can be washed and cut without any damage, unlike synthetic hair extensions. If you dream of hair extensions that add natural volume with secure and safe attachment, we suggest installing temporary clip-in hair extensions. You can exclusively find these extensions in Saudi Arabia, the Gulf region, and worldwide at Zan Hair, the best place to buy natural hair. Here are the installation steps:
- Start by attaching the clip-in hair extensions from the bottom to the top, so divide your hair into upper and lower sections, securing the larger part at the top securely.
- Divide your hair into small sections and use a comb to expose the roots or the area where the hair extensions will be attached.
- Temporary clip-in hair extensions come with 2 to 3 clips, depending on the size of the weft. Begin with extensions that have three clips and open all the combs first.
- Ensure that the clip-in hair extensions are as close to your scalp as possible and gently insert the comb from above. Press the clips gently and secure them well.
- After attaching the first hair extension, move on to the others, starting with about an inch below.
- Use a hair spray on the roots of the attached hair extensions for added secure hold.
- Once all pieces are attached, gather the remaining hair upward. This step blends the hair texture and conceals the clips effectively.
- Divide the remaining upper hair in the middle, both upward and downward, towards the extensions to attach fine front hair strands.
- Comb and use a hair spray on the upper part of your hair to maintain its shape and styling throughout the day.
- Natural hair extensions allow more flexibility in using various hair styling tools, including heat, as they are made from genuine human hair with properties similar to your own.
How to Wear Natural Hair Clip-in Extensions Without Causing Damage To Your Hair
Clip-in hair extensions, particularly the temporary ones, are among the best options for adding desired length and volume to your hair with ease and simplicity. You can even install them yourself at home, avoiding the need to visit a salon and saving time and money. However, following the instructions correctly before, during, and after installation is crucial to achieve the best results and keep your natural hair protected from potential damage. Here are the key guidelines:
1. Before Wearing Natural Hair Clip-in Extensions:
- Before Wearing Natural Hair Clip-in Extensions:
Temporary clip-in extensions are designed for short-term use. They come in various sizes, typically with five clips. Not all sections may be suitable for smaller amounts of your hair, which can stress your natural roots, possibly leading to hair breakage and damage. Consider semi-permanent hair extension options for a more suitable match without compromising your hair's health.
- Wash Your Natural Hair:
Do not install clip-in extensions on dirty hair. Make sure your hair is entirely clean, free of shampoo residues, oils, and other hair products. These residues can weaken the hold of the clip-ins and lead to slipping, putting additional pressure on your hair follicles and causing damage.
- Gently Comb Hair Sections:
Gently comb your hair to prepare it before attaching the extensions. Use a hair spray on the areas where the extensions will be attached to make the process easier. Ensure that your combing is gentle, as excessive force can cause hair breakage.
2. During Wearing Natural Hair Clip-in Extensions:
- Use the Brush with Care:
After attaching clip-in extensions, be careful when using a brush to comb your hair. Support the weft with your fingers while brushing to prevent excessive tugging and pulling, which can lead to undesirable outcomes.
- Remove Extensions Gently:
Clip-in extensions are designed for easy attachment and removal. If you find it uncomfortable to remove them, it's a sign that something may be wrong, potentially causing damage to your hair. Exercise caution during the removal process.
- Remove Them Before Bed:
Twisting and turning during sleep can result in damage to your natural hair and clip-in extensions. It's advisable to remove them before going to bed. Also, comb your natural hair and give it some care to avoid breakage and damage.
3. After Removing Clip-in Extensions:
- Use Silk Pillowcases:
Sleeping with silk pillowcases is recommended because they create less friction with your hair. Cotton pillowcases can absorb oils from your hair, leading to dryness, and they contribute to hair tugging during movements, potentially causing damage.
- Weekly Restorative Treatment:
Consider weekly moisturizing and restorative hair masks for your natural hair to maintain its strength, vitality, and freshness. These treatments help rejuvenate your hair after any potential damage from the extension installation.