Taking care of your hair is essential when it comes to enhancing a woman's outward appearance, aiming to boost confidence and attractiveness at all times. If you're a fan of or use natural hair wigs, it's crucial to understand that caring for your wig is just as important as caring for your natural hair. A natural hair wig also requires special attention and a regular routine to ensure its longevity and to maintain its vitality, which positively reflects on your overall appearance, especially your hair.
Caring for a natural hair wig, much like your own natural hair, involves using a variety of hair care products such as shampoo, conditioner, hair masks, and other essentials like hair cream, gel, and hair spray to keep your wig looking fantastic and refreshed each time. In this article, we'll explore the essential products you should have to care for your natural hair wig, making it easier for you to select the right items and handle the process professionally.
What are the hair care products for natural hair wigs that you should consider purchasing?
1. The Best Shampoo for Wigs:
Caring for a wig involves using the right shampoo, and it's crucial to focus on this when buying wig care products. Selecting an appropriate shampoo will help eliminate accumulated oils that can dull the wig and reduce its vitality. It will also add shine and moisture to the wig, giving it the necessary luster. Some shampoos can even increase the volume of the wig's fibers, making it appear fuller.
How to Use:
Create a solution by adding a small amount of shampoo to lukewarm water in a wide basin. Then, soak the natural hair wig for several minutes, allowing the shampoo to clean the wig. Afterward, remove the wig from the solution and rinse it with lukewarm water. Be careful not to wring the wig or comb it while it's wet to maintain its shine and moisture without any tangles. This process will leave you with a fresh, shiny, and pleasantly scented natural hair wig.
2. Using Conditioner to Moisturize Your Natural Hair Wig:
Conditioner is the ideal choice in caring for your natural hair wig after washing it with the appropriate shampoo. It adds extra moisture and shine to the wig and comes in several forms, each with its unique application method that you can choose from:
In the first type, you can add a substantial amount of conditioner to lukewarm water to create a solution that you apply to the wig for a few minutes. Don't rinse the wig after taking it out of the solution to retain all the benefits of the conditioner and make the most of its components.
There's also a spray-on conditioner that you can use immediately after washing your hair or occasionally to achieve a more elegant look and renew the care for your wig. Afterward, style your hair as usual.
As for oil-based conditioner, it prevents your natural hair wig from drying out. It contains oils that enhance the wig's shine and vitality, and this type of conditioner is suitable for dry wigs. It can be combed through with ease, and you can use it at any time.
3. Hair Setting Spray for Caring for Your Natural Hair Wig:
We recommend purchasing a hair setting spray to keep your wig in place after styling it carefully. It imparts a long-lasting, refreshing fragrance to the wig and dries quickly, leaving no sticky or stiff residue on the hair.
You can also use a flexible hair gel spray, which is a lightweight product that provides strong hold throughout the day. It's easy to clean, and one of its key features is that it doesn't harm the hair due to its lightweight formula and lack of sodium chloride.
Additionally, you can obtain a hair serum for the wig's ends if your synthetic hair is already showing signs of damage, particularly in the ends. This effective product protects and revitalizes the wig's ends by applying a small amount of the serum, gently massaging it into the wig's ends to achieve the best results.
Zan Hair Store is considered the best Arabic online store where you can purchase all the essential products for caring for your wig.
How to Care for Your Wig When Styling Your Hair
One of the most important considerations for those who use or plan to get a wig is caring for the wig and being able to style it the way you want at any time. However, it's not as simple as it may seem. There are certain principles to follow when dealing with wig care during styling, depending on whether it's made from synthetic fibers or natural human hair.
Natural hair wigs offer more freedom in terms of styling options and using heat styling tools, but it's important to handle them with care to avoid damage, especially with synthetic wigs that have a specific design making changing their hairstyle nearly impossible. Here are some tips to consider:
- Start by detangling and brushing the wig with a wide-toothed brush, making sure there are no knots in the hair. Begin at the ends to prevent hair breakage and shedding.
- Consider using a product that combines the properties of a leave-in conditioner to moisturize the wig and offer heat protection for added safety.
- If the wig is curly or wavy, some products help maintain ideal curl patterns while preserving the wig's shape. Use low heat to dry or let it air-dry naturally.
- Avoid products containing silicones as much as possible, as they can strip the wig of moisture and make it dry and brittle. Opt for deep-cleansing shampoos and highly moisturizing conditioners to restore vitality and shine to your hair.
- Allow the wig to air dry naturally on its stand or mannequin head, which is one of the essential wig accessories.
- Style the wig on a mannequin head or a tripod stand for safety and freedom during the styling process. This will also protect your natural hair from strain and damage while working with the wig.
- Remove the wig before sleeping and place it on its stand or store it in a satin or silk bag to preserve it for as long as possible.