When it comes to your appearance, you undoubtedly aim to look striking and attractive. One of the most attention-grabbing aspects of any look is the style, density, and shine of your hair. This is why many women opt for natural hair wigs to achieve their most beautiful appearance. Not just any wig, but a preference for wearing natural hair wigs, despite their high cost.
Many women aspire to attain the appearance of Brazilian natural hair, and they don't think twice about acquiring a natural hair wig, known for its flexibility and durability compared to synthetic wigs. This is undoubtedly a wise choice. However, the challenge they may face is the correct way to wash and care for their natural hair wig. In this article, we will help you understand the ideal routine for washing and caring for your natural Brazilian hair wig so you can shine with a unique and natural hair look.
The Most Common Types of Natural Hair Wigs You Can Choose From
Before we delve into how to wash and care for a natural hair wig, it's worthwhile to understand the two main types you'll encounter in the market when acquiring a natural hair wig. Knowing your specific type of natural hair wig well will assist you in determining the appropriate care routine.
- Wig with Lace Front: This type of natural hair wig has a transparent lace base that resembles the natural scalp. It's sewn into the wig, and the lace in the front gives it a natural appearance. Don't hesitate to choose this type of wig because it offers a unique natural hair look you've always dreamed of.
- 360 Front Lace Wig: This wig type features lace around the entire outer edge of the wig, not just in the front like the previous one. It's an ideal option for those looking for a natural appearance and want to style their hair in a ponytail or any high-updo that reveals the scalp around the neck.
These two options are considered the best types of wigs to purchase when looking for a natural hair wig made from the finest and highest-quality Brazilian natural hair. The Zen Hair Shop, an online store, is the best place to buy natural hair wigs in Saudi Arabia. Through it, you can find various options to achieve an attractive and eye-catching natural hair look.
Most Common Questions about Natural Hair Wigs and How to Care for Them
Women who own or are considering getting a natural hair wig often have many questions about how to care for them and the best ways to keep them looking new for as long as possible. In these lines, we'll try to answer some of the most common questions about natural hair wigs, their care, and how to maintain them just like any other natural hair:
Should I wash my natural hair wig before wearing it?
After purchasing a natural hair wig from the Zen Hair Shop, what's your next step? Do you wash it, or do you wear it right away? Well, the decision to wash it before the first use is actually a personal choice. Many women find great comfort in washing a natural hair wig before their initial wear. However, we don't recommend doing so because each wash shortens the lifespan and the natural appearance of the wig. This brings us to the next question.
How often should I wash my natural hair wig?
To simplify the answer, if your natural hair wig becomes sticky due to scalp moisture, or if it starts losing volume and its curly or straight texture, it's definitely time to wash it. As we mentioned earlier, washing a natural hair wig shortens its lifespan, so we advise against excessive washing. In this regard, we recommend using a wig cap, also known as a hair cover for the wig. It acts as a protective layer, preventing dirt and reducing the number of times you'll need to wash your specific natural hair wig.
How can I maintain my natural hair wig for the longest possible period?
There are several ways to help you maintain your natural hair wig's full luster and vitality, extending its lifespan and keeping it looking like natural hair for as long as possible. Here are the most important methods to preserve your natural hair wig and prolong its life while maintaining a natural appearance:
- Always place your natural hair wig on a special wig stand when you remove it. This helps maintain its shape and prevents tangling, ensuring it stays in good condition for an extended period.
- Avoid washing it with hot water or water that's salty or chlorine-rich to prevent any damage to the wig's hair strands.
- Pay careful attention to the styling tools used on your natural hair wig. It's advisable not to overuse high-heat styling tools such as curling irons or straighteners, as excessive heat can cause damage.
Steps to Wash a Natural Hair Wig
After learning a lot about caring for a natural hair wig and the most common questions women have regarding their care, it's time to understand the most critical aspect of taking care of them – how to wash a natural hair wig without damaging it. You can wash a natural hair wig with simple and easy steps, as follows:
- Step 1: The first step is crucial before you begin washing a natural hair wig. It involves combing your wig, and you'll need a wide-toothed comb. Start combing from the bottom and work your way up gently to the roots.
- Step 2: In this step, submerge the wig you've already combed in water, ensuring the water is cold to lukewarm. Make sure the wig is completely wet. However, if your wig has long strands, avoid full immersion and use a gentle stream of water to prevent tangling and the risk of it getting pulled down the drain. Afterward, gently remove excess water, being careful not to wring it out to avoid tangling and damage.
- Step 3: Now, apply a small amount of shampoo to your hands and gently rub the hair from roots to tips. Make sure to keep the shampoo away from the wig's scalp. Avoid vigorous scrubbing to prevent damage to the natural hair. Rinse the shampoo by gently spraying cold water from the roots down.
- Step 4: After removing the shampoo, apply wig conditioner from the bottom to the top while finger-combing the strands gently. Then, rinse the conditioner by spraying cold water from the top of the wig down to the tips.
- Step 5: Once you've washed and rinsed the wig, use a towel to remove excess water gently. Place it on a wig stand to air dry, avoiding the use of a hairdryer whenever possible.
In summary, we've provided you with the best method for washing a natural hair wig and the most important tips for its care. Following these steps will help you enjoy the beauty of your Brazilian natural hair wig for an extended period, ensuring that you shine with an attractive and unique natural hair look for any occasion.